Chewy whole wheat peanut butter cookies with a hint of honey and an incredible nutty quinoa crunch in every bite. A healthier cookie that you’ll love from first bite!
- 1 cup natural peanut butter, crunchy or creamy
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1–3/4 cups cooked and cooled quinoa
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter, honey and brown sugar until smooth. Add the egg and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture and mix until just combined. Add the quinoa and mix on low speed until well incorporated throughout the dough.
- Roll dough into heaping tablespoon-sized balls and place about an inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Gently flatten each of the balls of cookie dough with the palm of your hand and then use a fork to make a crisscross design in the top of the cookies, if desired.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies just start to crisp around the edges, rotating cookie sheets halfway through baking time. Let cookies cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.