Big, chewy monster cookies full of peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips and colorful candies with a surprise stuffed inside!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1–1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1–1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini colorful button-shaped chocolate candies
- 18 snack-size milk chocolate peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda and salt. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until well combined. Beat in the vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the mixer and beat until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and mini colorful candies.
- Using a two-tablespoon cookie scoop to measure out dough, flatten out two equal scoops of cookie dough into round discs. Place a peanut butter cup in the middle of one disc and top with the other disc. Use your hands to mold the dough around the peanut butter cup until edges are sealed and peanut butter cup is completely enclosed in dough. Repeat with each cookie until all dough is used.
- Place a few inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Press a few additional colorful candies and chocolate chips into the top of each cookie, if desired. Flatten each cookie slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cookies cool on baking sheets for at least 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.