These Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches are so simple, yet so delicious! And you get to eat two cookies at once…Yippee!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar plus more for flattening
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1–1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup melted chocolate, chocolate-hazelnut spread, peanut butter, or jelly (for filling)
- Blend sugars, peanut butter, butter and egg in an electric mixer. Stir in remaining ingredients until well incorporated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Shape dough into 1-1/4 inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in a crisscross pattern with a fork that has been dipped in sugar.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown, rotating cookie sheet after 5 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- When cookies are cool, flip over and spread half of the cookie bottoms with about a tablespoon of your preferred filling. Top with a similar size cookie.