One Cookie Dough, Seven Possible Flavors lets you create a crowd-pleasing array of delicious cookies in one baking session. Just pick your favorite mix-ins and create a custom batch of cookies!
Cookie Dough Base (measures out to 4 cups dough):
- 1 and 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
The following measurements are for making all seven flavors. For other options and measurements, please see the blog post!
- Chocolate Chip – 1/3 sup chocolate chips
- Peanut Butter – 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Oatmeal Cranberry Pecan – 3 tablespoons rolled oats, 2 tablespoons dried cranberries, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut – 3 tablespoons chopped macadamia nuts and 3 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- Monster Cookies – 3 tablespoons rolled oats, 2 tablespoons mini M&Ms, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, and 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Snickerdoodle – 1 and ½ tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (combine sugar and cinnamon, stir half into the dough and use the rest to roll the cookie dough balls in before baking)
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip – 1 and ½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder and ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the 1 and 1/2 cups butter and sugars until well combined. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- With the mixer on low speed, beat in the flour, baking soda and salt until combined.
- Follow directions for how many different cookie flavors you would like to bake to get the correct mix-in measurements based on number of flavors to equally divided dough ratios. Stir together cookie dough and mix-ins until well combined.
- For all 7 cookie flavors, divide the dough base evenly into seven bowls (1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon per bowl). Then mix one flavor’s mix-ins into each bowl. For the snickerdoodle cookies, combine sugar and cinnamon, stir half into the dough and use the rest to roll the cookie dough balls in before placing them on the baking sheet.
- Use a cookie scoop and scoop dough onto the parchment-lined cookie sheets a few inches apart. For small cookies, scoop 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie (84 small cookies). For medium cookies, scoop 2 tablespoons dough per cookie. (42 medium cookies). For large cookies, scoop 3 tablespoons dough per cookie (21 large cookies).
- Garnish each cookie dough scoop with additional toppings for that flavor, if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, rotating cookie sheets halfway through, until cookies are starting to crisp around the edges are just set on top. Try not to over-bake them if you want them to be chewy.
- Remove cookies from the oven and let them cool on the cookie sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to let cool completely.
Chocolate Chip Cookies: There’s no need to press down on the cookie dough balls before baking. Just scoop and bake!
Peanut Butter Cookies: Before baking, use a long pronged fork to flatten each cookie dough ball slightly, then turn the fork going the opposite direction and flatten just slightly again. This will create that classic criss cross pattern on the peanut butter cookies as they bake.
Oatmeal Cranberry Pecan Cookies: Gently press down with your hand to flatten each ball of cookie dough slightly before baking. If desired, sprinkle each cookie with a little flaky sea salt right baking for a fabulous sweet and salty flavor.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies: Press down gently with your hand to flatten each ball of cookie dough slightly before baking.
Monster Cookies Cookies: Before baking, gently press down with your hand to flatten each ball of cookie dough slightly.
Snickerdoodle Cookies: With the cinnamon and sugar mix-ins recommended, combine them first and then just mix half of the cinnamon sugar mixture into the cookie dough. Reserve the other half to roll the cookie dough balls in before placing them on the cookie sheet to bake. No need to press down on the cookie dough balls before baking.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies: Gently press down with your hand to flatten each ball of cookie dough slightly before baking
Yields: 84 small cookies (1 tablespoon sized scoops), 42 medium cookies (2 tablespoon sized scoops), 21 large cookies (3 tablespoon sized scoops)