These Oatmeal Cream Pies are a homemade version of a nostalgic lunchbox treat!
- 1cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1–1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2–1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2–1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1–1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture, beating until combined.
- Drop cookies by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on pan for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- While cookies cool, prepare cream cheese filling. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and butter. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- When cookies are cool, flip over and spread half of the cookie bottoms evenly with the filling. Top with a similar size cookie.