Nutella Swirled Banana Muffins are moist banana muffins with swirls of Nutella in every scrumptious bite!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 overripe bananas, mashed (about 1–1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 ripe banana, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter and let cool slightly. Whisk in the sugar then the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour and baking soda. Fold in the mashed bananas until just combined.
- Fill each muffin cup halfway with some batter. Dollop 1 teaspoon of Nutella in a few spots on top of the batter in each muffin cup. Use the end of a chopstick or other small utensil to gently swirl the Nutella through the batter in each muffin cup. Scoop the remaining batter evenly among the muffins cups, filling each muffin cup almost full. Dollop 1 teaspoon of Nutella in a few spots on top of the batter in each muffin cup. Use the end of a chopstick or another small-ended utensil to swirl the Nutella through the top half of the muffin batter.
- Cut the remaining banana into 12 thin slices and place a slice in the middle of the swirled batter in each muffin cup.
- Bake muffins for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.