Just three ingredients is all it takes to turn store-bought crescent rolls into scrumptious, irresistible Nutella Cruffins.
- 3 (8 ounce) tubes of crescent roll dough
- 3/4 cup Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- sugar, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Roll out each sheet of the crescent roll dough until you have 3 larger rectangles that are slightly larger than what you started with and the perforated lines are blended back together.
- Spread about ¼ cup of Nutella onto each sheet.
- Starting on the long end of the rectangle, roll up the dough into a log.
- Cut the dough in half, giving you shorter logs.
- Then cut each of those logs in half, lengthwise.
- Repeat with the other two sheets. When you’re finished, you should have 12 pieces.
- Take each piece and wrap it around your finger to form the shape of a muffin, with the layered side facing out.
- Place each rolled piece in the greased muffin pan.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes on the middle rack of the oven, rotating the pan halfway through the baking time.
- Remove from the oven and immediately remove the cruffins from the pan.
- Sprinkle each cruffin generously with the sugar and place them on a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.