These yummy no-bake lactation bites are perfect for a nursing mom or anyone who needs a healthy, hearty, handy boost of energy!
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup ground or milled flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons brewer’s yeast
- 1 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips. Mix on low speed until mixture is well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll mixture into 2-tablespoon sized smooth balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or enjoy right away. Once the bites have set, transfer them to an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Mixture can be pressed into an 8×8-inch baking dish and cut into bars, if desired. Other optional add-ins: 1/2 chopped nuts (such as almonds or walnuts) and 1/2 cup dried fruit