Jumbo pasta shells filled with melty cheese, marinara and meatballs make for such an easy appetizer or meal! Everyone will ask for these Meatball Stuffed Pasta Shells again and again!
- 1 (25 ounce) jar marinara pasta sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Cooked Perfect® fully cooked frozen meatballs
- 1 (12 ounce) box jumbo pasta shells
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- chopped fresh basil, for garnishing (optional)
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the marinara sauce over medium heat until it starts to simmer. Add the frozen meatballs, cover and let simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fill a large pot with 4-6 quarts of water and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add 2 teaspoons olive oil and then add the jumbo pasta shells. Cook pasta shells for 9 minutes, drain and let cool enough so you can touch them, just a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread 20 of the cooked and cooled pasta shells out evenly on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Fill each shell with 1 teaspoon cheese, 1 marinara-simmered meatball, a teaspoon of marinara sauce from the saucepan, and another teaspoon of mozzarella cheese on top. Place the filled pasta shell back on the baking sheet. Repeat process until all meatballs have been stuffed into a pasta shell.
- Bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese on top of each stuffed pasta shell is melted.