For an appetizer or a casual dinner, these Meatball Stuffed Garlic Rolls are so savory and satisfying. With pre-made dinner rolls, saucy meatballs, melty cheese and fresh herbs, they’re as easy as they are delicious!
- 12 savory dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup (1 stick)unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2cup marinara sauce, divided
- 12 frozen meatballs
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the rolls, still attached, on the prepared baking sheet. Cut a hole in the top center of each roll, about 2/3 of the way down, and remove the bread from the center of each roll.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe mixing bowl. Stir in the minced garlic, 1 tablespoon grated parmesan and 1 tablespoon of the chopped fresh parsley.
- Brush the butter mixture inside each roll and all over the top and outsides of the rolls.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of marinara sauce into each hole followed by a pinch of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Stuff a meatball on top of the cheese in the hole of each roll. Top each meatball with a teaspoon of marinara sauce and then sprinkle all over the rolls with the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese and then the 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Place the rolls in the middle rack of the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and starting to turn golden brown in spots, about 15-20 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the baking time.
- Let the rolls sit for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley just before serving.