A Make-Your-Own Margarita Board is a fun and festive way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, Taco Tuesday, National Margarita Day or any celebration where a margarita would spike the celebration!
- variety of tequilas
- orange liqueur
- margarita salt (different flavors if you’d like more options)
- lime juice
- pomegranate juice
- mango purée
- avocado-cilantro purée
- fresh jalapeño slices
- blood oranges (sliced and cut into wedges)
- watermelon (diced)
- mango (diced)
- cucumber (diced)
- pineapple (cut into wedges)
- avocado (diced)
- pomegranates (cut into wedges)
- jalapeno-mango salsa
- Start by pouring the juices into small carafes and placing them on the board.
- Put some diced watermelon, mango, cucumber, pineapple and avocado in small serving bowls down the right side of the board.
- Place bottles of tequila and a bottle of Cointreau orange liqueur in the top left corner of the board.
- Put a bowl filled with mango-jalapeño salsa, or your favorite salsa, near the bottom left corner of the board and surround it with chips so your guests can snack on it while making their margaritas.
- Fill in the board with sliced jalapeños, pineapple triangles, blood orange slices and wedges, lime slices and wedges, cilantro, and raspberries. All so great for making your margarita all the more marvelous!
- Place glasses alongside the board along with a bucket of ice and shaker tin so each person can make their own margarita.
Plan for about 2 ounces (56mL) of tequila per cocktail.
Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita recipe: Muddle 2 jalapeño slices and a wedge of pineapple with .25 ounces agave in a cocktail shaker. Pour in 1 ounce of lime juice, 1 ounce of Cointreau, and 3 ounces of tequila. Add ice and shake. Strain over fresh ice and enjoy!