A fun and festive candy coated cereal mix that’s perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or to sweeten up any party!
- 1 (16 ounce) box Lucky Charms cereal, marshmallows separated from cereal
- 3 cups Chex cereal
- 2 cups pretzel snaps (or mini pretzels)
- 1 (16 ounce) package vanilla candy coating or 1 (20 ounce) package vanilla almond bark
- 1 (2 ounce) container rainbow jimmies or sprinkles
- 2 cups Trix Minis or Fruit Loops or Fruity Pebbles cereal (or another rainbow colored cereal)
- Separate the marshmallows from the cereal of the Lucky Charms. There should be about 2 cups marshmallows.
- In a large bowl, combine the Lucky Charms cereal, Chex cereal and pretzels.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the candy coating according to package directions, usually 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Be sure not to over melt the candy coating as it will burn and become to thick to stir and coat the mix evenly.
- Pour the melted candy coating over the ingredients in the large bowl and toss to coat with a large spoon. Ingredients should be evenly coated in the candy coating.
- Spread the mixture out in an even layer on parchment paper. Immediately sprinkle with rainbow jimmies then the fruity cereal (Trix Minis or Fruit Loops or Fruity Pebbles) and the Lucky Charms marshmallows. Allow mixture to cool completely. Break apart to serve. Store in an airtight container or baggie.