With a mouthful of mini chocolate candies in every bite, these Loaded M&M cookies are chewy, chocolatey and totally delicious!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups mini M&M’s candies, plus more for topping dough balls with before baking
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and mix on low until just combined.
- Gently stir in 1 and 1/2 cups M&Ms on low speed or with a wooden spoon.
- Scoop dough into 2-tablespoon sized balls and place a few inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Generously press additional M&M’s all over the top of the cookie dough scoops.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are just starting to turn light brown around the edges and barely starting to crackle on top, rotating the cookies sheets after 5 minutes of baking time.
- Let cookies cool a few minutes on the cookie sheets and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.