A festive Leprechaun Snack Board made out of hummus, veggies and crackers is so perfect for St. Patrick’s Day! It’s easy to make with healthy ingredients that everyone is sure to feel lucky snacking on.
- 1 (16 ounce) container plain hummus
- 1 (12 ounce) bag broccoli
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can large black olives
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 thin cucumber slices
- 1 cherry tomato
- 1 (1 pound) bag fresh carrot chips
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cauliflower
- 1 orange bell pepper strip
- 1 red bell pepper strip
- 1 (6 ounce) box pita crackers
- Using an 20″ x 13″ rimmed board, platter or sheet pan, place an 8.5” rimmed plate in the center of the board. Fill the plate with the hummus.
- Place the broccoli, tops up, in a rectangle from the top of the plate to the top of the board.
- Slice a small piece off the bottom of the green bell pepper. Slice another piece, about 1/4-inch thick, off the green bell pepper for the shamrock shape. Remove the seeds from the bell pepper and slice the top off. Cut strips out of the remaining green bell pepper. Place them on either side of the top of the Leprechaun’s face plate to form the rims of his hat.
- Slice half of the olives in half lengthwise. Lay them flat across the middle of the broccoli portion of the hat, just above the bell pepper rims.
- Slice the yellow bell pepper in half. Cut a square shape out of one half to put in the middle of the black belt on the Leprechaun’s hat. Place an olive half in the middle of the yellow bell pepper square.
- Place the cucumber slices on the hummus plate for the Leprechaun’s eyes. Cut two circle shaped slices off of one black olive. Place them in the middle of the cucumber slices. Place two pieces of carrot chips for the eyebrows.
- Place the cherry tomato in the middle of the hummus plate for the Leprechaun’s nose. Shape 6 black olive halves in a smile shape for the mouth. Cut one olive half in half and place a half on either side of the Leprechaun’s smile to really enhance it.
- Arrange the carrot chips from the base of the hummus plate down to almost the bottom of the board and up the side of the hummus plate for the Leprechaun’s beard.
- Place the cauliflower, tops up, in the upper left and right corners of the board. Place the green bell pepper slice that looks like a shamrock on the cauliflower in the upper left corner of the board with a small slice of green bell pepper for the stem. Place strips of red, orange, yellow and green bell peppers on the cauliflower in the upper right corner of the board to look like a rainbow.
- Place the remaining black olives at the bottom of the board just under the carrot chip beard.
- Place the pita crackers on either side of the round Leprechaun face plate. Serve and have fun snacking on it!
Place the leftover sliced cucumber and bell peppers on a plate to the side for snacking, if desired.