Turn last night’s dinner into a surprising and savory breakfast with a Leftover Fried Rice Waffle. Crisp rice cooked to perfection in a waffle iron and topped with a fried egg, green onion and sriracha. Yum!
- 1 cup leftover fried rice
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Cooking spray for waffle iron
- Fried egg
- Chopped green onions
- Preheat your waffle iron. I use our round waffle maker and it makes one (6.5-inch wide) waffle.
- In a bowl, stir together the leftover fried rice, beaten egg and soy sauce until well combined.
- Spray the heated waffle iron on both sides so the waffle doesn’t stick.
- Spread the rice mixture evenly on the bottom of the waffle, covering it completely, if possible. This will depend on the size of your waffle maker.
- Close the waffle maker and let it cook for about 5 minutes or until the rice is browned and of desired crispiness. The rice will pop as it cooks so be careful opening up the waffle maker as rice might pop out.
- Top the rice waffle with a fried egg, a drizzle of sriracha and some chopped green onions for enjoying.