This Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad with a Maple Dijon Vinaigrette is the perfect salad for fall. It’s so fresh and flavorful!
- 1 (10 ounce) bag shredded brussels sprouts
- 1 (16 ounce) bag chopped kale
- 1–1/2 cups small cubed butternut squash, roasted (see instructions)
- 1 medium Honeycrisp apple, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/3 cup glazed chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Make the vinaigrette: in a small mixing bowl, combine the minced garlic, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and Dijon mustard. Whisk until well combined. Continue whisking while slowing pouring in the olive oil and then whisk until the dressing is fully emulsified. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the brussels sprouts and kale. Toss evenly with half of the vinaigrette. Let set at room temperature or in the refrigerator while you roast the butternut squash and prep the other ingredients.
- To roast the butternut squash, preheat the oven to 425°F. Toss the cubed butternut squash with 1 tablespoon olive oil on a lightly greased baking sheet. Arrange in a single layer and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast until tender and lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes after removing from the oven.
- Add the butternut squash, apple, red onion, bacon, pecans, cherries and goat cheese to the bowl with the kale and brussels sprouts. Drizzle a few tablespoons of the remaining dressing over the added ingredients and gently toss everything together to combine. Serve and enjoy!