How to make a Simple Icing you can drizzle on all your favorite baked goods. It’s the perfect consistency for cinnamon rolls, pound cakes, cookies, scones and more!
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk and vanilla until icing is smooth and of spreading/drizzling consistency. If needed, add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until icing is of desired consistency.
- Use to ice cookies, cakes, pastries and other desserts. It will set and begin to harden after about 20 minutes.
- If the icing is too thick, whisk in an additional 1 teaspoon of milk at a time until of desired consistency.
- If the icing is too thin, whisk in a tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time until of desired consistency.