In Basics by The BakerMama I show you how to make homemade whipped cream that will make you ditch the canned whipped cream once and for all. It’s an easy, sweet homemade touch that can’t be beat.
- 2 cups COLD heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place the bowl of an electric mixer and the whisk attachment in the freezer for at least 15 minutes or in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to get them really cold.
- Remove the chilled bowl and attachment from the freezer or refrigerator. Add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the chilled bowl and beat on medium-high speed until medium-soft peaks form, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve piped, spread or scooped onto your favorite desserts like pies, scones, ice cream sundaes, and more!
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream about doubles in volume when it’s whipped. So 1 cup of heavy whipping cream will make about 2 cups of whipped cream.
- If stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator, it will hold its whip and taste for about 2 days.
- If you prefer sweeter whipped cream, add another tablespoon of powdered sugar.