Learn how to make a simple Cream Cheese Frosting! In this Basics by The BakerMama, I teach you the simple method to getting cream cheese frosting with tangy sweet flavor and great texture every time.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2–3 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add the milk and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Slowly beat in the powdered sugar until thick and creamy.
- Pipe or spread frosting over a cake or cupcakes.