In Basics by The BakerMama, I teach you how to make an omelet! With easy to follow instructions and tips on all the yummiest fillers, you can make the perfect omelet every time.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Fillings (max 8 tablespoons)
- Swiss cheese and ham with a chive or green onion garnish
- Goat cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach
- Cheddar cheese, sausage, onion, bell peppers
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and milk until no whites remain. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, pour in the whisked eggs.
- Tilt the pan from side to side to allow the eggs to cover the surface of the pan completely. Using a spatula, gently push the cooked portions of egg to the center of the skillet. Tilt and rotate the pan slightly to allow the uncooked egg to settle in the empty spaces to cook.
- Once the eggs are barely set, cover one half of the omelet with fillings of choice. Cover the skillet with a lid and let omelet finish cooking while the fillings heat through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Uncover the skillet, slip the spatula under the unfilled half and fold it over the fillings. Remove the skillet from the heat and slide the omelet onto a plate to serve immediately.
- Make sure that you cook any fillings first that need to be cooked.
- Vegetables should be cooked crisp tender.
- Meats should be cooked and browned, if desired.