These Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits bring flakey, buttery, comforting goodness to any meal. Made from simple ingredients, they’re wholesome, delicious and sure to be a crowd favorite!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold & cut into pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk (you can use whole milk instead)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and kosher salt.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives in opposite directions.
- Add the buttermilk and stir with a wooden spoon or your hands until well combined.
- Flatten the dough out into about an 8”x10”x1/2” rectangle on a floured surface. Fold in half and then in half again and flatten back out into the rectangle. Repeat the folding process again and flatten back into the rectangle.
- Using a floured 2.5-inch biscuit cutter, cut out the biscuits.
- Place biscuits a few inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with the melted butter.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until biscuits have risen and are starting to turn a light golden brown on top. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.