This scrumptious Homemade Strawberry Sheet Pan Pop Tart makes the perfect slumber party or birthday breakfast treat. What an unforgettable and fun way to start a special day!
- 4 ready-to-bake pie crusts
- 1 and 1/2 cups strawberry preserves
- 3 tablespoon softened butter, for brushing
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoon milk
- Sprinkles, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- On a large cutting board, roll two of the ready-to-bake pie crusts together. Use a pastry wheel or sharp knife to cut the combined crusts to measure a rectangle that is 12×16-inches or the best size that will fit your sheet pan.
- Gently roll the crust up and transfer it to a large sheet pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the strawberry jam on the center of the pie crust leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.
- On the same large cutting board, roll the other two ready-to-bake pie crusts together and trim so that it is the same size rectangle you have already on the sheet pan. Gently roll the top crust up and transfer it to lay evenly over the top of the strawberry jam topped crust on the sheet pan.
- Using your fingers, pinch together the two crusts all around the edges of the pop tart. Then use a fork to gently press and seal the edges together to seal the jam in.
- Use a toothpick to poke holes all over the top of the center of the pop tart.
- Brush all over the top and edges of the pop tart with the softened butter.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown, rotating the sheet pan halfway through the baking time.
- If the jam starts to seep out of the edges and you’re not using a rimmed sheet pan, either place a larger pan underneath the pan in the oven so the jam doesn’t drip into your oven or remove the pop tart and scoop the jam from the pan and then return it to the oven to continue baking.
- Remove the pop tart from the oven and let cool while you make the icing.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth and of spreading consistency.
- Spread icing on top of the center of the pop tart leaving the crimped edges showing. Immediately sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Slice and serve.