Transform your day with a warm, comforting bowl of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. Shredded chicken, egg noodles, fresh vegetables and a savory broth make a meal that feels like a hug.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup peeled and chopped carrot (about 3 large carrots)
- 1 cup chopped celery (about 3 celery stalks)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked and shredded white meat chicken
- 2 cups wide egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the flour and cook for another minute.
- Whisk in the chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the shredded chicken and noodles. Let simmer until the noodles are tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in peas and let simmer for another 2-3 minutes until warmed through.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in parsley, Italian seasoning and lemon juice. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.