These Healthy Flourless Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookie Sandwiches are a fun and healthier twist on the classic PB&J sandwich that your kids will go crazy over! They make for such a great breakfast, lunch or after school snack.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup Crofter’s Organic Seedless Blackberry or Raspberry Premium Spread (or jam of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat 1 cup peanut butter with 1/2 cup honey until smooth. Beat in the egg until well combined. Add the oats and baking soda and beat on low speed until just combined.
- Using a 1/2 ounce cookie scoop, drop heaping one-tablespoon sized portions of dough a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten the top of each scoop of dough with the top of your hand.
- Bake cookies for 7-8 minutes or until they are set and just start to crack a bit on top. Let cool on cookie sheets for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cookies have cooled completely, turn them all over and spread the bottoms of half with a little over a teaspoon of peanut butter and the bottoms of the other halves with a little over a teaspoon of fruit spread. Place the cookies with fruit spread on them upside down onto the peanut butter of the other cookies to create a peanut butter and jelly cookie sandwich.
[I]To store, place cookie sandwiches in a single layer in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. Let come to room temperature before eating, if desired.[/I]