Grilled corn and roasted tomatoes come together is this fresh and flavorful Grilled Corn Salsa that makes for such a great summer dip or side dish!
- 3 large ears corn, husks removed
- 12 ounces grape tomato medley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 of a red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped (remove seeds for mild salsa)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large lime, juiced
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Brush corn with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season evenly with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Grill, turning often, until charred all over, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from grill. When cool enough to handle, cut kernels off of the cobs.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place the tomatoes in an 8-inch round baking pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Toss the tomatoes with your fingers to coat. Spread them out evenly in the baking pan. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until they start to burst and caramelize.
- Add corn kernels and remaining ingredients to the tomatoes in the baking pan. Stir to combine well. Season with more salt to taste, if desired.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
If you can’t grill the corn: cut the uncooked kernels from the cob. Place the kernels on a large rimmed baking sheet and toss in 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Roast at 425°F for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until starting to crisp and char.