Warm grilled avocado and tomato atop a fresh and filling salad with the most amazing chipotle cilantro lime vinaigrette. Unbelievable!
- 1 avocado, halved with seed and skin removed
- 1 tomato, halved
- 1 ear of corn
- canola oil, for grilling
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese
Chipotle Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chipotle sauce, from a can of chipotle peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Brush grates or pan generously with canola oil.
- If grilling the corn on a grill, leave the kernels on the cob. If using a grill pan, you can remove the kernels from the cob prior to grilling, if desired.
- Brush avocado, tomato and corn lightly with some canola oil. Place them a few inches apart, cut side down, on the grill or in the grill pan. Grill 3-4 minutes on each side or until black grill marks start to appear. Season with salt and pepper before removing from the grill.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Place lime juice, honey, chipotle sauce, cumin and cilantro in a blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, add the mixed greens, black beans, red onion, pepitas and cotija cheese. Top with the grilled avocado, tomato and corn kernels (cut kernels from the cob after they are grilled if you haven’t already).
- Drizzle salad with desired amount of dressing. Toss and enjoy!