Baked sweet potatoes loaded with Greek goodness for a healthy meal that’s fresh and full of flavor.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup garlic-flavored hummus
- 3/4 cup tabbouleh, store-bought or homemade
- 1/4 chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup tzatziki sauce, see recipe below
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup fresh cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Clean sweet potatoes and pierce each one several times with the tines of a fork. Place sweet potatoes on a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet. Bake until tender all the way through, about 45 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, make tzatziki sauce. In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, minced garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice and dill. Stir in the cucumber. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once sweet potatoes are baked, place them on a serving plate and slice down the middle. Smash each half down with the back of a fork. Layer toppings on each sweet potato half in the following order: 2 tablespoons hummus, 3 tablespoons tabbouleh, 1 tablespoon chopped red onion, 2 tablespoons halved cherry tomatoes, half of a chopped cooked chicken breast, 1 tablespoon crumbled feta and 1 tablespoon tzatziki sauce.
- Serve & enjoy!