With a flaky crust on bottom, crunchy pecans on top and a gooey filling in the middle, no Thanksgiving table is complete without Grandma’s Pecan Pie!
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup whole pecans
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Transfer the pie crust to a pie plate and flute the edges.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs and whisk until lightly beaten. Stir in the light corn syrup, dark brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla and salt.
- Spread the chopped pecans over the bottom of the pie crust.
- Pour the filling evenly over the chopped pecans in the pie crust. Arrange the whole pecans in a decorative pattern on top of the filling.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is starting to brown. Cover with foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and let set on a wire rack until completely cooled.
- Slice and serve with whipped cream.