For a dip no one can resist, serve up some hot and melty Gouda and Cheddar Cheese Fondue. In a festive baked pumpkin bowl, it makes the perfect appetizer for your Friendsgiving or Thanksgiving feast.
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded gouda cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 bunch red grapes
- 2 cups cubed bread
- 1 pear, sliced
- roasted Brussels sprouts
- Roast the pumpkin bowl (optional)
- Meanwhile, toss the shredded cheeses, flour and nutmeg together in a large bowl. Stir until the cheese is coated with the flour and nutmeg.
- Add the olive oil and garlic to a medium saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low. Add the half & half and cheese.
- Let the cheese melt slowly over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- If serving in a pumpkin bowl, add the cheese fondue to the roasted pumpkin bowl and return to the oven. Let bake until the cheese is bubbling, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with red grapes, bread cubes, pear slices, and roasted brussels sprouts.