Transform a simple cake mix into decadent Gooey Butter Cake Bites they’ll rave about. Dense cake with a gooey cream cheese top and a dusting of powdered sugar. Every bite is so rich, it’ll make you feel like a million bucks!
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box golden butter cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- More confectioners’ sugar, for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two (24-cup) mini muffin pans with muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the dry cake mix, 1/2 cup melted butter and 1 egg until well combined. Press the crust mixture evenly into the bottom of each prepared mini muffin cup, filling each cup about 1/4 full with 1 tablespoon of crust mixture.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the remaining 2 eggs, vanilla and salt, beating until well combined and creamy. Gradually add the confectioners’ sugar, beating on low speed until just incorporated and then high speed for a few minutes until smooth and slightly fluffy.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the mini muffin cups, filling each cup completely full. About 1 heaping tablespoon per muffin cup.
- Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes or until the tops are starting to rise, the edges are set and the centers are golden brown but still have a slight wobble to them.
- Let cool completely in the pan at room temperature. Transfer the bites to an airtight container or platter covered with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar just before serving. Served chilled.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.