Sweet and soft Gingerbread Banana Muffins made healthier with whole wheat flour, Greek yogurt and no oil or butter.
- 2–1/4 cups Gold Medal™ whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 bananas)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, yogurt, molasses and vanilla. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in the mashed bananas until well distributed throughout the batter.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each one almost full. Garnish the top of each muffin with a thin slice of banana, if desired. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until muffins have risen and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.