Delight your dinner guests with Garlic Butter Baked Brie in a Bread Bowl. It’s an easy, appealing and indulgent appetizer everyone will enjoy.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 pound round of sourdough bread
- 1 (8 ounce) wheel of brie cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. Whisk in the garlic and dried Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- Carefully trim the rind off of the wheel of brie so that most of it is removed. It’s okay if some of it is still intact.
- Slice about ½-inch off of the top of the bread bowl.
- Place the wheel of brie on top of the bread and use a serrated knife to cut a circle around the brie and down into the bread.
- Remove enough of the inside of the bread so that the wheel of brie will fit nicely down into it.
- Use the serrated knife to cut 1-inch slices all around the outside of the bread down to where the hallowed out center stops.
- Brush the emptied inside and in between each 1-inch slice with the garlic butter.
- Place the wheel of brie down into the emptied bread bowl. Brush the top of the brie with some of the remaining garlic butter as well as all around the outside of the bread bowl.
- Slice the remaining bread that was on top and hallowed out of the bread bowl into bite-size pieces and brush or dip the bread pieces into any remaining garlic butter. Arrange the bread pieces around the bread bowl on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the middle rack of the oven for about 30 minutes or until the bread bowl is toasted and the brie is melted.
- Serve immediately while the cheese is melty and bread is warm.