Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars are the easiest, yummiest sugar cookies you’ll ever bake. No rolling or cookie cutters needed! A chewy sugar cookie base topped with a tangy cream cheese frosting that is sure to please any crowd!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 4–5 cups powdered sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons milk
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 16×12-inch sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray and then line with parchment paper.
- To make the cookie bars: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in the milk and vanilla extract and then the eggs, one at a time, until the mixture is well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix on low speed until a thick dough forms.
- Press the dough evenly into the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake until golden brown all over and starting to crack in the middle, about 22-24 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the baking time.
- Remove the cookie from the oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Add the salt and vanilla. Beat in the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until well combined. Add 1 tablespoon milk and beat on medium-high speed until frosting is fluffy and of spreading consistency. Add additional milk if the frosting is too thick or additional powdered sugar if the frosting is too thin to spread.
- Garnish with rainbow sprinkles, if desired.