If you love spicy food, then you’ll love these Fried Jalapeño Puffs! They’re coated in a thick spiced batter that adds to the heat of the jalapenos. Addicting!
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1–1/2 cups jarred sliced jalapenos, well drained
- Vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, seasoned salt, black pepper, cayenne and garlic powder. Add eggs and milk and whisk until well combined.
- In a large pot or frying pan, heat a few inches of vegetable oil to 375°F.
- Dip the sliced jalapenos in the batter then place them in the frying oil. Let fry about 3 minutes each, flipping them halfway through, until puffed, golden brown and crispy. Drain on a paper towel.
- Serve immediately with ranch dressing or cheese dip.
- Note: If your batter seems too thin, let it set for 5-10 minutes before dipping the jalapeno slices in the batter. Make sure your oil is heated to 375°F. If the oil is not hot enough, the batter will fall off the jalapenos instead of puffing and crisping up.