Crisp vegetables, sweet mango, creamy avocado and an irresistible peanut dipping sauce make these Fresh Summer Rolls your new favorite hot weather appetizer.
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- 4 green lettuce leaves (such as green leaf or romaine), torn in half
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- ½ cup shredded purple cabbage
- ½ of a large red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cocktail cucumber, julienned
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
Peanut Dipping Sauce (makes ⅓ cup):
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- To make the peanut dipping sauce, whisk together all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of warm water at a time until the desired consistency is reached. Set aside.
- Pour warm water into an 8-inch square baking dish. Working one at a time, wet a rice paper wrapper for 20-25 seconds and then transfer to a work surface like a cutting board.
- Place a lettuce leaf, a few basil leaves, some mint and cilantro in the center of the wrapper. Top with a few carrots, a little cabbage, a few red bell pepper, cucumber, avocado and mango slices.
- Bring the bottom edge of the wrap tightly over the filling and then folding in the sides, rolling from bottom to top until the top of the wrapped is reached, being careful not to tear the rice paper.
- Cover with a damp paper towel while you repeat the process with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Store in the refrigerator or serve immediately with the peanut sauce.