Delight your guests with a gorgeous and delicious Fresh Summer Cheese Platter. Layered with cheeses, meats and fruits and served with crispy crostini, it’s a feast for the senses!
- 4 tomatoes on the vine
- 1 cantaloupe
- 7 slices prosciutto
- 1 (4 ounces) log goat cheese with garlic & herb
- 1 (3 ounce) container fresh basil
- 1 (8 ounce) container fresh mozzarella “cherry size” ciliegine, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) container petite medley snacking tomatoes
- 6 genoa salami & provolone rolls
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup cherries
- 2 tablespoons parmesan & basil infused olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- sea salt
- crostini, for serving
- Start by washing the tomatoes on the vine and cutting them into thin slices. Cut the cantaloupe into thin wedges.
- On a large serving platter, place the sliced tomatoes.
- Wrap each cantaloupe wedge with a slice of prosciutto and arrange them on the platter.
- Place the goat cheese on the platter.
- Arrange several leaves of fresh basil all over the bottom of the platter.
- Place the ciliegine on top of the basil.
- Slice the snacking tomatoes in half and arrange them on the platter.
- Put the salami and provolone roll-ups in various places on the platter.
- Add the blackberries, blueberries and cherries.
- Arrange additional ingredients all over the platter.
- Drizzle it all with olive oil and balsamic glaze then sprinkle with sea salt.
- Serve with crostini.
Platter can be prepped a day in advance, up to the point of drizzling with olive oil and balsamic glaze, covered and stored in the refrigerator until ready to garnish and serve.