Wow the crowd with this ultimate Football Nacho Board! Delicious bbq chicken nachos surrounded by an amazing selection of green garnishes to top them with. It will have everyone digging in for the win on game day!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (32 ounce) bag round tortilla chips
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (12 ounce) bag shredded cheese
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1–1/2 cups cilantro
- 1/2 cup drained pickled jalapeños
- 3 medium fresh jalapenos, sliced thin
- 4 limes, sliced into sixths
- 1–1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- 1–1/2 cups sliced green onions
- 2 avocados, diced into chunks
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat then add 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken tenders and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, toss to coat the chicken completely then cover the pan and cook 5-7 minutes or until chicken is tender and shreds easily with a fork.
- Next cut out two football shapes from parchment paper. Place one on the board and one on a baking sheet.
- Spread each round chip with some refried beans and place them on the football-shaped parchment paper on the baking sheet so that the chips cover it and create the football shape.
- Sprinkle the bean-covered chips with a layer of shredded cheese. Repeat this process with another layer of chips, beans and cheese.
- Once you have two layers of chips on the baking sheet in a football shape, bake at 400°F for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese starts to turn golden brown in spots, then cover with the shredded BBQ chicken and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- While the nachos are baking, start building the board so that when the nachos are ready you can just place them on the board and dig in. Do this by placing the second piece of football-shaped parchment paper in the middle of a 20”x14” wood board.
- Place the guacamole and salsa verde in small serving bowls in two corners of the board. Surround the outside of the football-shaped parchment sheet with all the green garnishes so it looks like a football field. See images for suggested placement and feel free to use whichever green garnishes your crowd would enjoy most. You don’t have to use all of them.
- Once you have all of the green garnishes placed on the board, it’s time to add the baked football-shaped nachos. Carefully slide the nachos from the baking sheet onto the open space you have lined with parchment paper on the board.
- Use the sour cream to create football laces on the nachos. Either use the sour cream that comes in a squirt container from the store or put the sour cream in a sealed baggie and cut the corner off so you can easily squeeze it to draw the laces.
- Serve and enjoy!