This flourless chocolate banana bread is so fudgy and perfectly tender that you’d never believe it is made without any flour, oil, butter or granulated sugar in it. Unbelievably delicious!
- 3 medium ripe bananas (about 1–1/4 cups if mashed)
- 2 cups oats (rolled or quick-cooking)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add all ingredients, except the chocolate chips, to a blender and blend until smooth and well combined. Stir the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Garnish the top with more chocolate chips, if desired. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs on it.
- Let loaf cool completely in the pan. Store bread in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.
If you want to make sure the recipe is gluten free, be sure to use gluten free oats, cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
The banana can be substituted with 2 ripe avocados (about 1-1/4 cups mashed)