These Festive Christmas-Shaped Cinnamon Rolls are too cute and so yummy! Get the family together and make some sweet holiday memories with a creative twist on a classic breakfast treat.
- canned jumbo cinnamon rolls with icing
- creamy peanut butter
- red & green cookie icing
- holiday M&M minis
- holiday sprinkles
- white sparkling sugar
- star-shaped cookies
- Reese’s miniature peanut butter cups
- Pull & Peel Twizzlers
- orange gumdrops
- chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows
- pretzel sticks
- pretzel twists
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Shape each cinnamon roll into a Christmas tree, snowman or reindeer.
- To make a Christmas tree: zig-zag the dough starting from the bottom weaving back and forth as you make your way to the top of the tree, making each zig zag just a bit shorter than the last to form the tree shape.
- To make a snowman: start unrolling the cinnamon roll and re-rolling it tighter about 5 times for the base “snowball” then cut it, continue rolling about 4 times for the middle “snowball” and use the final piece of the cinnamon roll for the head of the snowman, rolling it a little bit tighter if need be. Press the three “snowballs” tightly together to build a snowman.
- To make a reindeer, just bake the jumbo cinnamon roll as is. Creating the reindeer will come after it is baked.
- Place the shaped cinnamon roll dough onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through the baking time.
- With the Christmas tree shapes and snowman shapes, you might need to pull them out halfway through the baking time to reinforce the shape, if necessary. Be sure to use oven mitts to hold the pan while using the handle of a spoon or your hand to tighten and adjust the desired shape.
- While the cinnamon rolls bake, fill bowls with peanut butter, chocolate chips, holiday sprinkles, orange gumdrops, red and green M&Ms, Reese’s miniature peanut butter cups, mini marshmallows, pretzel sticks, pretzel twists and star-shaped cookies. Set out the cinnamon roll icing as well as some red and green colored cookie icing.
- If decorating immediately, transfer the cinnamon rolls to individual plates or another work surface with the decorations nearby.
- To trim the Christmas trees, break a pretzel stick in half and press both halves into the bottom of the cinnamon roll for the trunk. Cover the cinnamon roll with green and red icing and decorate with red and green M&Ms and holiday sprinkles. Place a star cookie at the top of the cinnamon roll as the tree topper.
- To decorate the snowmen, cover the cinnamon roll with the icing that came with the canned cinnamon rolls and sprinkle with white sparkling sugar. His eyes are two halves of a mini marshmallow, and his nose, an orange gumdrop. Place three chocolate chips down his midsection for the buttons and jab pretzel stick halves into the sides for his arms. Take two strips of a Pull-N-Peel Twizzler, cut it in half lengthwise and twist the two pieces together to make his scarf. Finally, cap him off with a Reese’s miniature peanut butter cup for his top hat.
- To make the reindeer, frost the cinnamon roll with peanut butter, add two chocolate chips for the eyes, a red M&M for the nose and two pretzel twists for the antlers.