A fresh, filling and flavorful salad that you can toss together in a matter of minutes for an amazing lunch any day of the week with these great salad staples always on hand.
- 2 cups chopped salad greens (kale, brussels sprouts, broccoli, etc.)
- 1/4 cup chopped pear
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 5 cherry tomatoes, sliced into fourths
- 2 tablespoons Champagne Pear Vinaigrette with Gorgonzola (from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon sesame honey cashews, crushed a bit
- 1 tablespoon candied walnuts, crushed a bit
- 1 heaping tablespoon crumbled gorgonzola
- 2 pan-seared boneless skinless chicken tenderloins, chopped (about 1/2 cup chopped or shredded chicken)
- Place chopped greens, pear, red onion and tomatoes in a medium mixing bowl. Toss in vinaigrette. Add remaining ingredients and toss again until everything is evenly coated and combined. Enjoy!
To Pan Sear the Chicken Tenderloins: generously salt and pepper tops of the tenderloins before transferring them, seasoned side down, to a medium-heated skillet that’s been drizzled with a little olive oil. Season the other sides of the tenderloins with salt and pepper while the first sides sear. Sear for about 3 minutes or until nicely browned before flipping and searing for another 3 minutes on the other side. Cover the pan with a lid and let continue to cook for another 2 minutes to add steam/moisture and insure they’re cooked all the way through without drying out.