Every bite of satisfying and flavorful Easy Chicken Chili is full of delicious southwest flavor. It’s the perfect low-maintenance weeknight meal!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans hominy
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies (such as Rotel)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed from bones & shredded (about 4 cups)
- Heat canola oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chopped onion and minced garlic. Let sauté for about 5 minutes until onions become translucent. Stir in cumin, chili powder and salt.
- Add the undrained cans of garbanzo beans, hominy and diced tomatoes.
- Stir in the shredded chicken.
- Bring to a simmer and then reduce the heat to low and let the chili simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, diced avocado, chopped cilantro and Fritos.