Warm buttery Dinner Rolls with a crisp outside and soft inside that go great with just about any meal!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast (2–1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup milk
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add the flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Whisk on low until well mixed. Switch to the paddle attachment.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt 1/4 cup butter for about 60 seconds. Remove and immediately whisk in the warm water and milk. Add to the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl and beat with the paddle attachment on low speed until just combined and then on medium until a soft dough forms and sticks to the paddle, about 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a buttered bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place for 1 to 1-1/2 hours, until doubled in size. Gently press down into the dough to release some air. Divide dough into 20 balls and place about an inch apart on a buttered baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest while you preheat the oven to 375°F. Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter.
- Once oven is ready, remove plastic wrap and brush rolls with melted butter. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown on the outside.