Zucchini, dark chocolate and whole wheat flour come together to make these Dark Chocolate Zucchini Brownies rich, delicious and pretty nutritious.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 3 medium), drained on paper towels
- 1–1/4 cups dark chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center and add the oil, egg and vanilla. Stir until well combined. The batter will be very thick at this point. Stir in the zucchini then 1 cup dark chocolate chips until well combined.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before cutting into.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. They taste great cold, but are extra tasty after being heated in the microwave for a few seconds!