Sweet coconut, crunchy almonds and melting dark chocolate in a decadent Dark Chocolate Almond Coconut Bars that are out of this world delicious!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1–1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut, divided
- 1 cup chopped almond, divided
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the melted butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined. On low speed, mix in the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in 1 cup coconut, 1/2 cup chopped almonds and 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup coconut and 1/2 cup chopped almonds. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bars are set and coconut starts to toast and turn brown on top.
- In a small microwavable bowl, melt the remaining 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips for 60-90 seconds in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Drizzle over warm bars. Let cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before lifting out of the pan and cutting into bars.