Gather the family around the table for the comfort of a hot, delicious meal with my Crowd-Pleasing Turkey Lasagna. Fresh herbs, creamy cheeses, and ground turkey make this pasta dish a labor of love that everyone will enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 gloves garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnishing
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 (24 ounce) jars chunky vegetable pasta sauce
- 2 and 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (9 ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large pot, sauté the olive oil, garlic and basil over medium-low heat for about 3 minutes. Add the ground turkey and cook over medium-high heat until cooked all the way through. Add the pasta sauce and let simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- In a bowl, stir together the cottage cheese, sour cream and Parmesan cheese.
- In a 9×13-inch baking dish, cover the bottom with a thin layer of the meat sauce. Add a layer of lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the remaining meat sauce, 1 cup mozzarella, and half of the cottage cheese mixture. Then top with another layer of lasagna noodles, 1/2 of the remaining meat sauce, 1 cup mozzarella and the remaining cottage cheese mixture. Finish with a final layer of lasagna noodles, the remaining meat sauce, and the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and noodles are soft. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with some chopped fresh basil just before serving.