This Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is incredibly moist with the perfect amount of pecan crumb topping and a sweet cream cheese drizzle to top it all off.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (1–1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Filling & Topping:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1–1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. With the mixer on low speed, beat in the vanilla, sour cream and heavy cream. Slowly add the dry ingredients and beat until batter is thick and smooth. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- For the filling and topping, stir together the brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon until well combined. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth, then add 1 cup of the pecan mixture and stir together until well combined.
- Place large scoops of the cream cheese mixture evenly over the top of the batter in the baking dish. Using a butter knife, swirl the cream cheese mixture into the batter, trying not to overmix so there will be thick swirls of the mixture throughout the cake batter. Sprinkle the remaining pecan mixture evenly over the cake.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack while you prepare the cream cheese drizzle.
- For the drizzle, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla and heavy cream, and beat until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Add more powdered sugar if too thin or more cream if too thick. Drizzle over warm cake and serve!