You can’t go wrong with good ol’ cowboy cookies! Everyone loves these loaded oatmeal cookies with crispy cornflakes cereal, sweet chewy coconut, crunchy pecans, and a triple play of melty chocolate, white chocolate and butterscotch chips.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1–1/2 cups cornflakes cereal
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until each is well incorporated. Beat in the vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix on low speed until just combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix on low speed again until all ingredients are well distributed throughout the dough.
- Form dough into 2-tablespoon sized balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Press additional chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and butterscotch chips into the top of each ball of dough, if desired. Refrigerate dough balls for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F and line two additional baking sheets with parchment paper. Remove cookie dough balls form the refrigerator and place a few inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Slightly flatten each ball with the palm of your hand. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies start to turn light brown on top.
- Remove cookies from the oven and let cool on pans for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat baking process with remaining cookie dough balls.