Cinnamon Toast Crunch French Toast Bites are a breakfast marvel made with sweet Hawaiian rolls coated in your favorite cinnamon-sugar cereal.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 12 King’s Hawaiian Rolls (each cut into 3 small looking bread slices)
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk
- 4 cups Cinnamon toast crunch cereal, crushed
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a rimmed sheet pan with the 2 tablespoons softened butter so that there is a thick layer of butter on the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Slice each roll evenly into 3 mini bread slices that look like toast.
- Beat eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl until well combined and slightly fluffy. Whisk in milk and then transfer the egg mixture to a shallow dish.
- Place crushed cinnamon toast crunch cereal in a shallow dish.
- Dip one toast bite at a time into the egg mixture, turning to briefly soak both sides and let any excess egg mixture drip back into the shallow dish before transferring to the crushed cereal.
- Place the toast bite to the bowl with crushed cereal and press into the cereal on both sides to coat completely.
- Place the toast bites in an even layer on the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the bottoms of the toast bites are golden brown. Flip and let bake another 5 minutes until the bottom sides are golden brown.
- Serve warm with a sprinkle of powdered sugar (if desired) and maple syrup to dip them in.