Celebrate your cinnamon-lover’s special day with an ooey-gooey Cinnamon Roll Birthday Cake! With all the pizzaz of a birthday cake and all the yum of a cinnamon roll, this festive tower is a birthday masterpiece!
- 2 (17 ounce) cans jumbo cinnamon rolls (10 cinnamon rolls total)
- Rainbow sprinkles
Bake the Cinnamon Rolls
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 4 cake pans with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray. I used two (9-inch) and two (6-inch) cake pans. You could also use large baking sheets in place of cake pans, if desired.
- Open the cans of cinnamon rolls and separate out each roll. Reserve the icing for after the cinnamon rolls are baked.
- Place one cinnamon roll in the center of one of the larger cake pans. Then, working outwards, carefully unravel another roll and wrap it tightly around the cinnamon roll in a spiral pattern. Repeat so that this cake pan has 4 cinnamon rolls spiraled together for the base layer of the cake.
- In the other larger cake pan, place one cinnamon roll in the center and then wrap with two more cinnamon rolls. This pan will have 3 cinnamon rolls spiraled together for another layer of the cake.
- In one of the smaller cake pans, place another cinnamon roll and wrap it with just one more cinnamon roll so that there are two cinnamon rolls for this layer.
- Place the final cinnamon roll in its own cake pan.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and the center is fully cooked through. If you notice the top or edges browning on one of the layers before the others are finished, remove that layer and let the other layers continue to bake.
Build the Cake
- Once all layers are finished baking, let them set for about 5 minutes before assembling the cake.
- To assemble the cake, put the largest layer (4 cinnamon rolls) on a cake plate, drizzle with some of the reserved icing. Place the next layer (3 cinnamon rolls) on next and drizzle with more icing. Next, add the layer with 2 cinnamon rolls spiraled together and drizzle with icing. Finally, top with the single baked cinnamon roll on top and drizzle all over the cake with the remaining icing.
- Immediately, sprinkle with sprinkles. Insert candles into the top of the cake, serve and celebrate!
- It’s best served warm, but can certainly sit out for a few hours, if necessary. To serve, slice into slices like a cake.