Easily bake these Cinnamon Raisin English Muffins on the griddle to make a simple, delicious breakfast! They’re sweet, soft and toasted to perfection!
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2–1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup warm whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Heat the water in a small microwavable bowl on high heat for 1 minute. Let rest a few minutes before stirring in the yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar. Let proof for 10 minutes.
- In another small microwavable bowl, heat the milk on high heat for 1 minute. Set aside. Melt the butter in another small bowl.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk together the flour, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon and salt. Switch to the paddle attachment and while the mixer is on low speed, add the melted butter, warm milk and yeast mixture. Mix on low speed until just combined. Add the raisins and mix another minute until they’re dispersed throughout the dough. The dough should be sticky.
- Remove dough to a lightly greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Once dough has risen, press out onto a large piece of parchment paper to about 1-inch thickness. Using a biscuit cutter or top of a round glass, cut the dough into 3-1/2 inch size English muffins. Repeat pressing and cutting dough until you have 10 muffins.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a non-stick skillet over low heat. Place 5 English muffins in the skillet at a time and cook until browned and crisp on each side and baked throughout, about 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
If your English muffins are browned and crisp on top, but not done baking in the middle, place them in a 350°F oven on a baking sheet until completely baked through.–You can eat them warm right out of the skillet or let them cool and then slice and toast them in the toaster. I like serving mine with a little cinnamon sugar butter. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.